What is Sea Moss/Irish Moss?
What Is Sea Moss?
Sea Moss is a sea algae known for its numerous healing properties. There are several different species of Sea Moss/ Irish Moss. The species we stock is known as Eucheuma Cottoni.
Where Does The Sea Moss Come From?
Our Sea Moss is Harvested by small scale aquaculture farmers in protected waters of St Lucia. These waters are fed nutrients from the nearby volcanic lands. It is then dried using the natural heat from the glorious St Lucia sun.
The Farmers work very closely with the Government to adhere to positive sustainability practices.
No other products have been added to our Sea Moss making it 100% natural.
Ingredients: 100% Sun dried Sea Moss (Eucheuma cottoni)
What is Sea Moss/Irish Moss good for?
- Sea Moss contains 92 out of the body's 102 minerals!
- Can help to remove Mucus from the Body
- Great for Sexual Health - a Natural Aphrodisiac - Rich in Zinc, Vitamin E & Folate for Sperm Production
- Good for Thyroid Health - Balancing Hormones
- Helps with Skin conditions - High in Sulphur so great for face masks
- Good for Digestion
- Joint & Bone Health - High in Omega-3, Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin-K
- Good for the Blood/Anemia- High in Iron
- Can help with Colds & Coughs - Vitamin C
- Powerful Anti-Inflammatory
- Mood/Mental Health Booster - Due to Potassium content which helps to maintain healthy Mental & Emotional Function
- Weight Loss - due to Sea Moss ability to absorb moisture to create a feeling of fullness
- High in Iodine - which is said to help prevent radiation poisoning
How Can I Use Sea Moss?
- Drink Sea Moss gel daily, mix with water OR
- Use 1-2 tbsp of Sea Moss gel in your favourite smoothie to give it a delicious creamy consistency
- Face Mask - Natures Collagen - Apply the gel directly to the face as a natural face mask - wash off after approx 30 minutes
- Sea Moss gel can also be used as a Vegan Gelatin replacement
- Use in Soups, Stews, Curries etc
What Does Sea Moss Taste Like?
Providing it has been prepared correctly and has been washed and rinsed prior to blending in to a gel, the Sea Moss is pretty much tasteless and shouldn't change the taste of any smoothie or food dish it is added to.
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Soak in water for 12 - 24 hours.
2. Ensure you rinse thoroughly to wash off any excess salt.
3. Add to a high speed blender adding between 600-700ml of spring or distilled water (you can also use coconut water).
4. Blend until the Sea Moss is a smooth gel like consistency.
5. Pour the gel into a sealable glass jar and store in the fridge until use.
6. Add 1 - 2 tbsp to your favourite smoothie to give it a delicious creamy consistency.
7. Why not try applying our Sea Moss gel directly to the face as a natural face mask, just leave for 30 mins at rinse thoroughly.
How long can it be stored for once it in Gel form?
The gel can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
Tag us in your Sea Moss smoothie creations! @stlucia.seamoss
*Please note - 70g is the amount shown in the images above