NOURISH YOUR TEMPLE
*Please note all UK orders are dispatched next working day Royal Mail Tracked48. Once Royal Mail has processed the order a tracking number will be sent automatically to the email address/ phone number you have provided upon purchase. However, we cannot guarantee that Royal Mail will process the order right away due to the current delays they are experiencing as a result of COVID-19. Thank you for your patience.
What is Purple Sea Moss good for?
1. 92 MINERALS!
Sea is most known for containing approx 92 out of the 102 minerals contained within the human body.
2. Can help improve thyroid function
Sea moss can help to maintain healthy thyroid function as it contains high amounts of concentrated iodine, which the thyroid uses to make hormones. Our hormones help to regulate metabolism, digestion, and mood.
3. Great for Sexual Health
Sea Moss works as a natural aphrodisiac, helping to improve sex drive. It is also rich in Zinc, Vitamin E & Folate which helps with sperm production. Sea Moss can help to improve fertility in both males and females.
4. Improves energy levels
Sea Moss may help in improving energy levels as it is high B vitamins. B vitamins help the body to effectively utilize the energy stored in the food we eat.
5. Immunity booster/ Respiratory health
Sea Moss is rich in amino acids, vitamin C, antioxidants, antiviral and antimicrobial agents. These can help the body to fight off and prevent infections. Sea Moss is also a great expectorant meaning it helps to expel built-up mucus from the lungs which makes it good for healing coughs and other respiratory issues.
6. Nourishes the skin.
Sea Moss gel can be used to soothe irritating skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and burns. Sea Moss has been known as ‘natures collagen’. Collagen is the protein that maintains smooth skin and silky hair.
7. Improves mental/ emotional health
Sea moss is high in magnesium and potassium both of which are known for improving the mental state. Both minerals play a key role in brain function when the body is low on either this can lower our mood.
8. Helps with weight loss
Because of the high mineral content of Sea Moss, it helps to create a feeling of fullness and works as an appetite suppressant. Daily Sea Moss intake is great if you are trying to lose weight!
9. Helps with radiation poisoning
Sea Moss is rich in iodine. Iodine is said to help treat the effects of radiation poisoning.
10. Joint & Bone health
Sea Moss High in Omega-3, Calcium, Magnesium & Vitamin-K, all of which help to maintain healthy joints and bones. Sea moss also works as a powerful anti-inflammatory so it can be good for people suffering from joint issues.
What is the difference between Gold Sea Moss & Purple Sea Moss?
There is little difference between the Purple and Gold Sea Moss in regards to its nutritional content. But the colour does give the Sea Moss a unique twist, as do other foods and their specific colours.
Gold Moss – Provides beta cryptothanxin, this is said to help with communication between the cells.
Purple Moss– Provides powerful antioxidants called anthocyanins which are believed to delay ageing of the body’s cells.
How Can I Use Sea Moss?
- Drink Sea Moss gel daily, mix with water OR
- Use 1-2 tbsp of Sea Moss gel in your favourite smoothie to give it a delicious creamy consistency
- Face Mask - Natures Collagen - Apply the gel directly to the face as a natural face mask - wash off after approx 30 minutes
- Sea Moss gel can also be used as a Vegan Gelatine replacement
- Use in Soups, Stews, Curries, etc
How much Sea Moss Gel will I get from a 70g bag?
The whole bag will produce over 1 litre of Sea Moss Gel. You could even get as much as 1.5 litres depending on how much water you blend or boil it with.
What Does Sea Moss Taste Like?
Providing it has been prepared correctly and has been rinsed prior to blending into a gel, the Sea Moss is pretty much tasteless and should not change the taste of any smoothie or food dish it is added to. The Purple Sea Moss has a slightly stronger smell but with a good clean and rinse it will be ready to consume.
Where Does The Sea Moss Come From?
Our Sea Moss is Harvested by small scale aquaculture farmers in protected waters of St Lucia. These waters are fed nutrients from the nearby volcanic lands. It is then dried using the natural heat from the glorious St Lucia sun.
The Farmers work very closely with the Government to adhere to positive sustainability practices.
*The Purple Sea Moss is also from St Lucia but is from another farm
No other products have been added to our Sea Moss making it 100% natural.
Ingredients: 100% Sun-Dried Sea Moss (Gracilaria)
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Soak in water for 12 - 24 hours.
2. Ensure you rinse thoroughly to wash off any excess salt.
3. Add to a high-speed blender adding between 600-700ml of spring or distilled water (you can also use coconut water).
OR add to a saucepan and gently boil on a low heat.
4. Blend or boil until the Sea Moss is a smooth gel-like consistency. (when boiling the gel will be runny at first, as it begins to cool and set it will form a firm gel).
5. Pour the gel into a sealable glass jar and store in the fridge until use.
6. Add 1 - 2 tbsp to your favourite smoothie to give it a delicious creamy consistency.
7. Why not try applying our Sea Moss gel directly to the face as a natural face mask, just leave for 30 mins at rinse thoroughly
How long can it be stored for once it in Gel form?
The gel can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
Tag us in your Sea Moss smoothie creations! @stlucia.seamoss
*Please note - 70g is the amount shown in the images above
*Please note the listed health benefits of our products are subject to opinion and should not be taken as medical advice. Nutritional benefits may vary from one person to another. You should always consult with a medical professional before incorporating herbal remedies into your diet, particularly if you are taking medication, pregnant or breastfeeding.
- The shipping address you provide on PayPal is the address we will ship your items to. Please ensure that this address is correct before you make a payment.
- We aim to dispatch all purchases next day.
- Please allow 1-5 working days for delivery. For international delivery please allow 5-7 working days.
- If paying with PayPal eCheck, it is our policy to wait for the cheque to clear before we dispatch your items.
- If buying from EU or US please note:
*Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or international shipping charges. These charges are buyer’s responsibility. We will try our best to reduce the risk of custom/duty.
Please check with your country’s customs office to determine any additional costs prior to purchasing.
*All prices subject to change due to demand and sustainability practices