St Lucia Soursop Leaf (50 leaves/approx. 15g)
Soursop leaf comes from the tree which yields the prickly green fruit known as Soursop or Graviola. Our Soursop leaf is freshly picked from the Soursop tree then dried using the natural heat from the glorious St Lucia sun.
Soursop leaves are traditionally prepared as a tea. The leaf is said to have medicinal properties that help treat numerous ailments.
Benefits of Soursop Leaf:
Can help with skin issues
Soursop leaf can promote skin healing. It is great for eczema & psoriasis. The leaves can be applied directly to painful skin boils.
Can help to boost the immune system
Soursop leaf is rich in nutrients meaning it can help to boost the immune system and aid the body in fighting off infections.
Can help with insomnia
Soursop leaves have been known to have sedative effects on the body, drinking a cup of soursop tea before bed can help to aid in peaceful sleep.
Helps to reduce inflammation
Soursop leaf has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties. Consuming Soursop tea can help to aid in relieving tensions and spasms, it may also help with reducing pain from injuries or exercise.
Can help to treat constipation
Soursop leaves are high in fibre. When the tea is digested frequently it can help to promote regular bowel movements and prevent constipation.
Can help reduce stress and anxiety
Consuming soursop leaves prompts the release of serotonin, helping to ease your emotion state and bring about feelings of peace and relaxation.
Helps to alleviate symptoms of arthritis
Soursop leaf is rich in phosphorous and calcium. These two elements aid your bones in strength and decrease the risk of joint and bone problems. The anti-inflammatory properties also help with reducing pain in the joints.
Can help to treat diabetes
Soursop leaf has been known to help lower blood sugar levels which is great for treating diabetes (consult a medical professional, especially if you are already taking medication.)
Promotes healthy circulation
Soursop leaf tea helps with your body's blood circulation and gives an extra boost to your metabolism, which could be great for weight loss.
How to prepare Soursop Leaf Tea:
- Add 1litre of cold water to a pot (preferably spring or distilled water)
- Bring water to a boil
- Once the water is boiling add 7-10 leaves to the pot and reduce heat
- Cover pot and let simmer for 10 – 15 minutes
- Turn off the heat, let steep until cool enough to drink
- Strain the leaves so you are left with just the tea
- Pour into your teacup and enjoy
- Remaining tea can be stored in a sealable glass jar in the fridge for later use, this can either be enjoyed cold as an iced tea or reheated.
Store leaves in a dark, dry place
What does Soursop Leaf Tea taste of?
Soursop leaf has a delicious fresh and fruity taste, with a fragrant aroma that smells like the inside of a freshly cut soursop fruit.
Ingredients: 100% Dried Soursop Leaf - Graviola Leaf
*Please note the listed health benefits of our products are subject to opinion and should not be taken as medical advice. Nutritional benefits may vary from one person to another. You should always consult with a medical professional before incorporating herbal remedies into your diet, particularly if you are taking medication, pregnant or breastfeeding.
- The shipping address you provide on PayPal is the address we will ship your items to. Please ensure that this address is correct before you make payment.
- We aim to dispatch all purchases next day.
- Please allow 1-5 working days for delivery. For international delivery please allow 5-7 working days.
- If paying with PayPal eCheck, it is our policy to wait for the cheque to clear before we dispatch your items.
- If buying from EU or US please note:
Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or international shipping charges. These charges are buyer’s responsibility. We will try our best to reduce the risk of custom/duty. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine any additional costs prior to purchasing.
*Please note all UK orders are dispatched next working day Royal Mail Tracked48. Once Royal Mail has processed the order a tracking number will be sent automatically to the email address/ phone number you have provided upon purchase. However, we cannot guarantee that Royal Mail will process the order right away due to the current delays they are experiencing as a result of COVID-19. Thank you for your patience.*All prices subject to change due to demand and sustainability practices