Handmade St Lucia Cocoa Stick
Handmade St Lucia Cocoa Stick 150g
Our Cocoa Sticks are handmade by locals on the beautiful Caribbean island of St Lucia. Cocoa Sticks are made from freshly picked cocoa beans from the cocoa tree. The beans are roasted, deshelled, and crushed. They are then shaped into sticks, with a hint of cinnamon and left to dry. The sticks are made from pure unsweetened cocoa.
The price shown above is for 1 x Cocoa Stick.
Benefits of Cocoa Stick:
May Help to Reduce High Blood Pressure
The flavanols in cocoa are thought to improve nitric oxide levels in the blood, this can enhance the function of your blood vessels and help to reduce blood pressure.
Can Help Improve Brain Function
The polyphenols found in cocoa can help blood flow to the brain, thus increasing brain function and reducing the risk of neurodegenerative disease.
Cocoa is a delicious source of antioxidants. According to studies, the addition of dairy in most chocolate products is blocking our ability to absorb the antioxidants found in raw cocoa.
May Help Treat Diabetes
Consuming cocoa tea can help with managing type 2 diabetes as it can help improve insulin resistance in the body. Cocoa can also help with regulating sugar in the blood stream.
Cocoa can help to combat depression, it contains anandamide which is an effective mood enhancer. Drinking cocoa can release endorphins in the body, endorphins are commonly referred to as the ‘happy hormone’.
Improves Skin Health
Cocoa can be beneficial for the skin and has been used as a part of skin treatment in many ancient cultures. Cocoa can enhance the skins elasticity by making sure skin cells are hydrated and oxygenated. The antioxidant properties of cocoa help to promote the regeneration of new skin cells.
Good for Oral Health
Todays processed cocoa uses additional ingredients which are mostly sugary and those are the main cause of tooth decay. However, raw cocoa has the opposite effect and can be extremely effective in protecting teeth enamel.
How to prepare Cocoa Tea:
- Add 1 mug of cold water per serving, into a pot (preferably spring or distilled water)
- Bring water to a boil
- Once the water is boiling add 1 tbsp of grated Cocoa per serving
- Add ¼ tsp ground nutmeg, ¼ tsp ground cinnamon and 1 bay leaf (optional)
- Let boil on a low heat for around 3 minutes
- Then add plant milk, ½ - 1 mug full per serving and your choice of sweetener to taste
- Remove bay leaf if using
- Let simmer until the powder is dissolved
- Pour into your mug and enjoy
Cocoa Sticks need to be kept in a cool place as they may melt if they get too warm. The stick can last for up to 1 year. We recommend storing in the fridge once you start using.
What does Cocoa Tea taste of?
The flavour of cocoa tea is like dark chocolate, it has an earthy and nutty taste not sweet like processed chocolate. It can almost have a roasted coffee bean flavour. When preparing the cocoa tea with plant milk it will have a deliciously creamy, yet strong hot chocolate taste.
How much Cocoa Tea can 1 Cocoa Stick produce?
One Cocoa Stick can make somewhere between 20-30 cups of tea, depending on how much you use. We recommend 1 heaped tbsp of grated cocoa per cup of tea.
Ingredients: 100% Raw Cocoa Beans, Cinnamon
*Please note the listed health benefits of our products are subject to opinion and should not be taken as medical advice. Nutritional benefits may vary from one person to another. You should always consult with a medical professional before incorporating herbal remedies into your diet, particularly if you are taking medication, pregnant or breastfeeding.
*All prices subject to change due to demand and sustainability practices
Handmade St Lucia Cocoa Stick
How long is delivery?
· Please ensure that your shipping address is correct before you make payment.
· We aim to dispatch all purchases within 2 business days.
· UK orders are sent Royal Mail Tracked48, Gel orders are sent Royal Mail Tracked 24.
· Pre Made Sea Moss Gels/ Wholesale Items are for UK ONLY!
· Please allow 1-5 business days for delivery. For international delivery please allow 5-10 business days.
· If paying with PayPal eCheck, it is our policy to wait for the cheque to clear before we dispatch your items.
· If buying from EU or US please note: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or international shipping charges. These charges are buyer’s responsibility. We will try our best to reduce the risk of custom/duty. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine any additional costs prior to purchasing.
*Please note we aim to dispatch all orders within 2 business days. We cannot guarantee that Royal Mail will process the order right away due to short staff and the current delays they are experiencing as a result of COVID-19. We ask that you please allow extra time for delivery.
*If you are ordering from outside the UK please be aware that Royal Mail are experiencing delays with international shipping due to fewer flights and longer turnovers at customs.
Thank you for your patience.
Where does the Sea Moss come from?
Our Gold & Purple Sea Moss grows in protected ocean waters in St Lucia.
Our Chondrus Crispus & Bladderwrack grows in ocean waters off the coast of the Republic of Ireland.