St Lucia Mango Leaf
St Lucia Mango Leaf (25 leaves/approx. 15g)
Mango leaf comes from the tree which yields the deliciously juicy fruit known as Mango. Our Mango leaf is freshly picked from the Mango tree then dried using the natural heat from the glorious St Lucia sun.
Mango leaves are traditionally prepared as a tea. The leaf is said to have medicinal properties that help treat numerous ailments.
Benefits of Mango Leaf:
Can help with managing Diabetes
Mango leaves are said to help with managing diabetes. Drinking Mango leaf tea daily can help to lower blood sugar levels. (Be sure to consult a medical professional if you are already taking medication!).
Can help to lower blood pressure
Mango leaves can help to lower blood pressure as they have hypotensive properties. Mango leaves can also help in strengthening the blood vessels and treating the problem of varicose veins.
Mango leaves can help to combat restlessness caused by anxiety, the leaves can be a good home remedy. All you need to do is add a few mango leaves to your bathwater. This can help relax and refresh the body.
Helps with gall and kidney stones
Mango leaves can help treat kidney stones and gall bladder stones. Grind the leaves into a powder and drink with water daily, this helps in breaking the stones and flushing them out.
Helps with respiratory problems
Mango leaves can help aid many problems relating to the respiratory system. The leaves are especially useful for people suffering from cold, bronchitis and asthma. Drinking a mango leaf tea with a little honey helps to cure a cough effectively. It can also help in curing voice loss.
Can help treat dysentery
Mango leaves help in treating bleeding dysentery. Dried mango leaves can be ground into a powder and then taken with water two to three times a day to help stop dysentery.
Home remedy for earaches
Mango leaves provide good pain relief. A teaspoon of juice extracted from mango leaves works as an effective ear drop and pain killer. Heat the juice slightly before using it.
Applying mango leaf ashes to the wounded area can be a simple and effective way to heal painful burns. The leaves help to soothe the skin and bring relief.
Mango leaves can be a great home remedy for frequent hiccups or other throat problems. Burn a few mango leaves and inhale the smoke. This will help to cure hiccups and throat problems.
Good for your gut
Drinking mango leaf tea daily helps to flush out toxins from your body and keep your stomach clean.
How to prepare Mango Leaf Tea:
- Add 1litre of cold water to a pot (preferably spring or distilled water)
- Bring water to a boil
- Once the water is boiling add 3 leaves to the pot and reduce heat
- Cover pot and let simmer for 10 – 15 minutes
- Turn off the heat, let steep until cool enough to drink
- Strain the leaves so you are left with just the tea
- Pour into your teacup and enjoy
- Remaining tea can be stored in a sealable glass jar in the fridge for later use, this can either be enjoyed cold as an iced tea or reheated.
Store leaves in a dark, dry place
What does Mango Leaf Tea taste of?
Mango leaf has a deliciously sweet and fruity taste, with a fragrant aroma that smells like the inside of a freshly cut Mango
Ingredients: 100% Dried Mango Leaf
*Please note the listed health benefits of our products are subject to opinion and should not be taken as medical advice. Nutritional benefits may vary from one person to another. You should always consult with a medical professional before incorporating herbal remedies into your diet, particularly if you are taking medication, pregnant or breastfeeding.
*All prices subject to change due to demand and sustainability practices
St Lucia Mango Leaf
How long is delivery?
· Please ensure that your shipping address is correct before you make payment.
· We aim to dispatch all purchases next business day. Sea Moss Gels & Wholesale items will be dispatched within 2 business days.
· UK orders are sent Royal Mail Tracked48, Gel orders are sent Royal Mail Tracked 24.
· Pre Made Sea Moss Gels & Wholesale Items are for UK ONLY!
· Please allow 1-5 business days for delivery. For international delivery please allow 5-10 business days.
· If paying with PayPal eCheck, it is our policy to wait for the cheque to clear before we dispatch your items.
· If buying from EU or US please note: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or international shipping charges. These charges are buyer’s responsibility. We will try our best to reduce the risk of custom/duty. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine any additional costs prior to purchasing.
*Please note we aim to dispatch all orders next business day. We cannot guarantee that Royal Mail will process the order right away due to short staff and the current delays they are experiencing as a result of COVID-19. We ask that you please allow extra time for delivery.
*If you are ordering from outside the UK please be aware that Royal Mail are experiencing delays with international shipping due to fewer flights and longer turnovers at customs.
Thank you for your patience.
Where does our Sea Moss come from?
Our Gold & Purple Sea Moss grows in protected ocean waters in St Lucia.
Our Chondrus Crispus & Bladderwrack grows in ocean waters off the coast of the Republic of Ireland.